Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making Choices

I've been taught, and have found for myself, that there are really two choices in any given situation. And yeah, yeah. . .  we know it's about choosing Love or choosing Fear.  But who is digging a little deeper to find exactly what that means, beyond a concept?  Sometimes what looks like Love is really Fear, and what looks like Fear is really Love!  And why is that?  Because those are just mental constructs.  

What am I getting at?  I choose based on what feels good, and what hurts.  Now this is interesting, because there are an awful lot of us walking around, myself included, that seem to keep choosing what hurts -- be it a situation, circumstance, or at the root of it all: a thought.  Life really isn't that tough to figure out, when we recognize it does come down to choosing what feels good vs. what hurts, but we are enculturated at a very deep level to choose pain over and over and over again.  "No pain, no gain," right?  Maybe in the past.  But right now, we're writing new rules for this game we're playing, because, gee -- it could be fun to do something different!  

I've heard a saying that we are geniuses at feeling good, joy, love, pleasure, abundance, etc., because we have so thoroughly opened up the polarity of suffering, fear, hate, resentment, lack, etc. and have experienced it to its utmost degree.  And the degree to which we have experienced something, is the degree to which we are capable of experiencing its polarity.  So, yes, we all made the choice for suffering, for what hurts, in our time -- but it wasn't for naught.  When I've been radically present, non-judgmental and unconditionally loving to myself in a time of suffering, I've come out of it as if I were the Phoenix rising from the ashes, and have experienced complete bliss.  It does not mean I have to purposely create suffering, in order to have that experience.  Life, and Love, finds us, only all of the time.

I've been watching my world, our world, and noticing the signposts. . .  the tension of the bow is to such a degree that we can barely stand it, and this means that we are -- in this moment -- creating something magnificent, and it is about to be released!  In all my years as a breathworker observing the pattern and cycle of intent, action, allowance and integration, I recognize this place we are in.  Many of us feel so intense in one form of another, that it can seem unbearable.  It's helpful to have the tools to ride the wave.  

You're not really much of a surfer without a surfboard!  My surfboard, is really simple; I can take it anywhere and meet life head-on with it, in any situation -- it's self-contained, easy to access, no confusing buttons or knobs -- it's my own breath.  And when I use it in my daily life beyond the hour-long blow-out sessions -- as a foundational part of daily practice, I recognize that it's all about one inhale at a time, one exhale at a time.  One step at a time.  Even in intense circumstances.  They are mostly intense because our minds are already trying to create a story around what is happening -- strategizing how to not experience it, instead of our deepest self taking command and saying "yeah, I hear ya. . . but I want to see the movie play out for myself, just because I really don't know how it's all going to go."  And don't we love suspense?  Isn't that why they become such blockbusters, if the writer (creator - you) has done a really good job?  We love the suspense part of the film!  Enjoy the ride. . . 

"The universal support system for each of us is our breath. It is the breath that

connects us to our point of origin, the Sovereign Integral state of consciousness that

is our pure state of being."  James

No comments:

Post a Comment