Thursday, July 9, 2009

I've found a new love. . .

So, I'm always looking for ways to blend my love affair with the natural world and my creativity - because they are indeed connected, or rather one in the same. It also needs to be fun. Quite "accidentally," I think I may have found my new love.

I purchased my oldest son a Flip video camera for Christmas last year, and they were such a good deal that I bought one for myself. Being the busy and multi-tasking individual that I am, I never got around to even removing it from the package until about 3 weeks ago. It is small and compact, so it's really easy to carry in your purse (especially since I finally surrendered to carrying a big hobo-type purse) - and so now it goes with me everywhere. Very handy!
My opportunity to finally get to use the camera, came on a trip down to Denver last weekend to see a concert my husband had arranged for us, Celtic Woman at Red Rocks Amphitheater - and I have to tell you, the whole thing was kismet.

I've lived in Colorado for most of my life, and have never been to Red Rocks. Not for a concert, not to see the Red Rocks, none of it. How did I miss such a spectacle of beautiful Grandfather stones?? Perhaps the timing was in when I could fully appreciate them, who knows.

So, we go to this magical concert, which is perhaps the highest vibrational concert that has been there in awhile (perhaps ever), it happens to be their last night on the tour, and their 100th concert. The weather was perfect, our seats were in perfect view of the stage and the beautiful backdrop of Denver, the sky, and the expansive green landscape, which then turned into a scenery of lights. It was truly incredible. I had several moments of being fully awake as a Soul in physical form witnessing this reality, and was so completely moved. Not surprisingly, the performers stated that Red Rocks was absolutely their most favorite venue. Perhaps they say that at all the concerts, who knows -- but I am biased, and believe they were telling the truth!

After the concert, I make it a point to say that we need to return the next day, just to be in this Red Rocks Park. So we return, I get out my new Flip Video Camera, and start filming. Now, the outcome of my filming is amateur at best (and the camera itself does not have the greatest stability control), but it was so fun to put it together, and to also add some of my favorite music. Something about moving film captures what a still photo cannot. . . and I like that, coupled with profound music. Yet another love of mine. As a breathworker, choosing music for a session is crucial to that individual's process. I tune into my guidance every time, to choose which music is appropriate for each session.

Recently, I'd had a couple of readings: one from a Human Design System consultant, who told me that I could be powerful in some work with film, particularly documentaries. Hmmmm. . . very interesting, indeed! And the other reading was from a fellow Evolutionary Astrologer who specializes in astro-local and astrocartography (the astrology of place). He told me that imagery was going to be a very important part of my creative process. I'm a writer, but usually my writing is pure information, and it just doesn't really scratch the itch.

I have a couple of people who are veterans in the film industry reappear in my life recently, not to mention a couple of old friends who went to school for film. I always pay attention to what is around me, in terms of some cues I may be seeing. . .

That said, I don't see this new love as being anything I do for a living at any point. I'm 44 years old, and I can't imagine that it would make sense. But I sure do intend to continue learning more about it and most of all having FUN with it!

You can view the films on my Facebook profile, or they are also uploaded into YouTube, under Breathify of course!

I don't really know exactly why I am posting this other than I'm excited to share that it's never too late to discover something new about yourself. It's never too late to find another person, place or thing to love, or another way to love. And I hope that I can relay that to every person I come in contact with.


No comments:

Post a Comment