Thursday, January 28, 2010

Come Closer to the Fire. . .

It did not take long for me to make a connection between the warmth and connection I experience when I am making that beautiful full "YES" breath. Yes to breathing life in fully, Yes to letting go of what is out of my control/what is no longer needed. When I breathe a connected breath - I feel connected to myself. I notice I feel more deeply connected with others, and my tendency to keep myself separate and in that pain of separation, disappears. There are many layers, but I'll keep it simple, here.

Connecting with others who, through their relationship with their own breath and heart beat, feels like coming in from being too long and too deep in the woods, to a nice warm fire. I feel fed. I find that in that place there is nothing else I really need - and I stop filling my life up with other "wants" that don't really feed me.

It's a journey. . . It has taken me years, and on occasion I still find myself there - where I sequester myself off into my own world of stories, beliefs - and then I come home to the breath, to myself, to my family of life. This may sound foreign in our world of dysfunctional families and disconnect, misunderstandings that never find resolve, hurt feelings that never heal. But something simple as my own breathing changes all of that. Hard to wrap the mind around. But I experience it like being in love. Yep, it's that good.

What would that be like for you? What would it feel like to be completely free to give and receive love and not feel the need to defend it?

1 comment:

  1. oooohhh, so beautiful. Thank you, my sister, for opening this moment to me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete